Rumaysa's Blog

A Spiritual Journey...

Name:
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Rabi`a al `Adawiyya Once Said...




"O Lord...

Once I wanted You so much
I didn't even dare walk past Your house--
And now
I am not even worthy to be let in"

"My Joy
My Hunger
My Shelter
My Friend
My Food for the Journey
My Journey's End
You are my breath,
My hope,
My companion,
My craving,
My abundant wealth"
Sufiyan:
This is my prayer: let God be satisfied with me.
Rabi'a:
How dare you pray that -- when you are not satisfied with God?
"May God steal from you
All that steals you from Him."

"Let me hide in You
From everything that distracts me from You,
From everything that comes in my way
When I want to run to You."


"I swear that ever since the first day You brought me back to life,
The day You became my Friend,
I have not slept --
And even if You drive me from your door,
I swear again that we will never be separated--
Because You are alive in my heart."


"I look everywhere for your love--
Then suddenly I am filled with it.
O Captain of my Heart,
Radiant Eye of Yearning in my breast..."


"O God!
If I adore You out of fear of Hell, burn me in Hell!
If I adore You out of desire for Paradise,
Lock me out of Paradise.
But if I adore You for Yourself alone,
Do not deny to me Your eternal beauty. "

"O God,
You know that the only thing I want in this life
Is to be obedient to Your command.
Even the living sight of my eyes
Is service at your court."

"The real work is in the Heart:
Wake up your Heart! Because when the heart is completely awake,
Then it needs no Friend. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home